- September 27 4:00 pm - 6:00 pm
- Welcome Reception for Hungary’s Ambassador
Ambassador Dr. László Szabó hosted a meet & greet reception for U.S.-Hungary Business Council members. The newly-arrived Ambassador provided an overview of the Hungarian economy paired with a personally-led tasting of Hungarian wines
- September 27 10:30 am - 11:30 am
- Discussion with E.U. Ambassador
The American-Central European Business Association (ACEBA) hosted a roundtable with H.E. David O’Sullivan, E.U. Ambassador to the U.S., to discuss European Union Policy and the political and business environment in Central European countries.
- September 18 1:00 pm - 2:30 pm
- Lunch with Hungarian Foreign Minister Péter Szijjártó
The U.S.-Hungary Business Council met with H.E. Péter Szijjártó, Hungary’s Foreign Minister of Foreign Affairs and Trade. Minister Szijjártó was in New York for the United Nations General Assembly meetings.
Minister Szijjártó noted Central Europe’s role as the current “growth engine” of the European Union. He highlighted incentives in Hungary for investment and innovation.
- September 12 11:00 am - 12:00 pm
- Roundtable with DAS Hoyt Yee
The American-Central European Business Council (ACEBA) hosted a roundtable discussion with Hoyt Yee, Deputy Assistant Secretary for Central Europe at the U.S. Department of State. DAS Yee provided members with an update on the State Department’s agenda for the Central European region.
- September 11 12:00 pm - 12:45 pm
- Round table with ITA Acting U/S & DCOS Israel Hernandez
The American Central European Business Council (ACEBA) met with Deputy Chief of Staff for the Secretary of Commerce Performing the Duties of Undersecretary of Commerce for International Trade at the U.S. Department of Commerce, Israel Hernandez, who discussed the potential economic growth in the region. Additionally, the newly confirmed Assistant Secretary Erin Walsh also attended.